The Giving Touch massage therapy school is a social-entrepreneurship based upon the principle of “Accessibility and Opportunity through Massage” ©
Our empahasis is upon providing training and job placement assistance to Americans of need, including:
- Single mothers
- Hearing impaired
- Visually impaired
- Paraplegic (yes! it IS possible!)
- Others of need
We are passionate in our belief that massage therapy is more than just relaxing in a spa, it can be a transformative experience for the student, the practitioner, and the recipient.
Training in massage therapy via our 12 week Fast-Track program, our students are provided a sense of hope for the future, and are able to join a growing global profession that provides flexible work schedule, mobility, and employment that only requires a GED and a kind, committed heart.
With a market-based approach, we emphasize creating an environment in which our students know that they are welcome, respected, valued, and belong. Each student naturally moves through significant personal growth as they train in massage therapy every day.
They also learn to recognize that they are able to join a profession that helps others to feel better, be it via therapeutic massage techniques, stress-release, or the simple focus of positive intention and caring touch.
What’s unique about our approach and our structure?
Based upon 8 years of success running similar trainings in Kathmandu, Nepal, via the Himalayan Healers project (the ONLY project on the planet that provided massage therapy training and job placement to “Untouchables”, as well as victims of trauma and violence), The Giving Touch massage therapy school has a similar ethos and structure:
- Social-entrepreneurship approach that is as cost-effective, accountable, and market-based as possible
- Financial opportunity and accessibility for our students
- Fast-Track 12 week training that allows our students to train intensively; develop foundational massage therapy skills; and join the workforce as soon as possible (to begin earning money, paying bills, feeding children, and becoming a contributing member of society)
For every student sponsored in America – either via corporate sponsorships or individual contributions – each sponsored student will provide pro bono massage therapy services within our student clinic to those same supporters. (This is a way to foster a sense of pride and contribution, rather than dependency and another hand-out; it provides value for the exchange of support)
If your corporation would be willing to sponsor 1 American student of need, you will be provided 100 Gift Certificates for massage therapy services from that same student.
Additionally, for every student in America that receives sponsorship, 1 more student of need will be provided training and job placement in Kathmandu, Nepal, via the Himalayan Healers project.
In America, each sponsored student also receives:
- 3 textbooks
- study guide for national licensing exam
- instructional CD
- instructional DVD
- 1 year’s personal liability insurance
- $500 seed money to assist in their transition after completion of training.
Your support results in:
- The provision of training, job placement assistance, and HOPE to an American of need
- The provision of training, job placement assistance, and HOPE to a Nepali of need
- 100 Gift Certificates for massage therapy services at our student clinic for you
Together, we are Giving Touch…